makers.melbourne provides the opportunity to support a vibrant and diverse manufacturing sector across metropolitan Melbourne. Local manufacturing encourages innovation, creates employment and contributed to the city’s character. Makers displayed on this site will also be participating in an important research project, called Urban Manufacturing, which looks at exploring trends and movement of Makers in and around Melbourne. Participation in this project is by completing the website registration and accompanying survey which will provide the data needed to support makers in the future.
Manufacturers can use maker.melbourne to:
- Promote their business and reach more consumers;
- Find other local suppliers and contractors;
- Extend into new supply chains.
Consumers can use makers.melbourne to:
- Find the latest in food, fashion, furnishings and other products from emerging designers;
- Reduce carbon emissions and promote sustainable development by buying local; and
- Help create jobs in your community.